Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

It's that time of year again - time too look back on what has been and happened over the last year and plan and dream for the next 12 months.  In 2011 I spent two months in hospital and the two months after that totally whacked out on painkillers, so if I can remain fully conscious and coherent for nine of the next twelve months, I'm already doing better!

My goals for last year were pretty simple.

In 2011, I will:
1. Finish at least 20 knitted objects, and blog about every single one.
2. Decrease stash from 62 (eek!) to 40, by either using the yarn or destashing it.
3. Finish at least two of my blankets on the go.
4. Finish at least one of my jumpers on the go.
5. Knit at least four things for me and only me.
6. Lose 7kg.
7. Decrease total WIPs to no more than five in total.


This is going to be a terrible summary paragraph - I'm so far behind photographing and blogging that I don't even know what I have done and what I haven't done! Item 1 is done (I promise...more photos and recaps to come!).  Until I update my Ravelry stash I don't know if I met item 2, but I have a suspicion that I might not have...maybe I went down to 50 (I hope. I really tried.).  I didn't finish either of my blankets or either of my jumpers (fail).  I did knit at least four things for me (win). I don't have bathroom scales any more but I reckon I am definitely down at least 5kg from last year which, even though it isn't quite 7kg it is close enough that I feel pretty darn good about it. WIPs will have to wait until I update Ravelry, but I'm definitely over five.  Last year I was at 11 WIPs at this time, so I hope it's fewer than that.

In 2012, I will:
1. Decrease stash from [whatever it is] to [a number that is 15 units less than that] by either using the yarn or destashing it.
2. Finish two of my blankets on the go.
3. Finish at least one of my jumpers on the go.
4. Lose another 7kg.
5. Decrease total WIPs to no more than five in total.

There are a couple of mini goals I want to get out of the way in January.  I want to finish photographing and blogging everything I finished in 2011. I want to update my Ravelry stash and project details.  I want to update the blog so the sidebars are correct and up to date and I want to find out how well I did goal-wise!

Best wishes to everyone for the year ahead :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment